Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election 2012

Can I tell you how excited I am that the Elections are over! I was thankful to be informed this year and have an opinion when I went to vote but Ross has been following everything politics for what seems like forever. The past couple of evening he would come home and have both the tv and the computer on following everything that was happening.. Unfortunately the outcome wasn't what we would have hoped but it was a good fight. Personally I felt like whoever was elected we were going to have hard times in front of us. Its scary to think whats to come in our country but I'm thankful to know that happiness can alway be there. I hate seeing everyone complain about our country and how horrible it is. When we sit back and look what we have we are blessed beyond measure to live here. We will never have all that we want but we are still living like kings and queens compared to the rest of the world. I'm thankful that I can live in a country where I'm free, as a women I have rights and treated as an equal, where life might not be always easy but I have freedom of religion where I can turn and always be happy and know that this is not the end. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to be able to vote and voice my opinion on how I would like this country to be ran. The first Presidency came out with a statement about the result of the elections and that I agree with.. "After a long campaign, this is now a time for Americans to come together. It is a long tradition among Latter-day Saints to pray for our national leaders in our personal prayers and in our congregations. We invite Americans everywhere, whatever their political persuasion, to pray for the President, for his administration and the new Congress as they lead us through difficult and turbulent times. May our national leaders reflect the best in wisdom and judgment as they fulfill the great trust afforded to them by the American people." I hope that all of us can follow these words and pull together to make life a little easier for everyone! The lame sticker I got after voting Jackson and I were watching Sesame Street and they had the first lady on for election day. Actually the whole program was on the election Jackson sporting his vote for me shirt! He wouldn't sit still for me to take a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment