Friday, May 20, 2011

BBQ Festival

So sense we moved to Memphis I've been excited to go to the national bbq Festival! This past weekend was the festival... Can I tell you how DISAPPOINTED all of us were! It was so hyped up and talked it about we just knew it was going to be great! I didn't eat that morning so I could have room to eat all the yummy bbq.. As we were walking up the smell was amazing, that smell will probably be in heaven haha It was all that I had imagined it to be.. UNTIL we walk into the festival and we couldn't find anywhere that was selling bbq!! We were so confused all the competitors were cooking way but every place said private party or had their gate closed. We walked around knowing that there couldn't be bbq festival that didn't sell bbq! NOPE we couldn't find one place that would give us some dang food. We finally stopped and asked a guy how it all work. Turns out they don't sell to the public, if you want to eat the food you have to be on a team or sponsor one. We were like ok how much is it to sponsor a team maybe we'll give money so we can eat some freaken food. No worries..... Its 300-500 hundred dollar a person to sponsor a team. What kind of food are they making?? What a joke! Why would people pay money to walk around smelling amazing food and not be able to eat any? Not me, as soon as we learned about the cost we were outta there. We did find one place as we were walking out that was giving out free samples!! But it wasn't bbq, sausage and bloddy marys! You bet I ran over to grabe that piece of sausage!! I even grabbed one of those beer can holders, not because I was going to use it but they were free and I was getting something for the money I paid!! SOOOOOO LAAMMEE!

Here are the few pictures we got!





Sweet Elvis pig!



Jackson relaxing as he gets pushed around in the stroller

1 comment: