Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away!

The weather has been so crazy here! I THINK it finally over! I love storms but Utah storms are nothing like these storms! These storms are better haha They came in and didn't leave for weeks! When the storm was close the news would take over the tv and be on all night. Severe weather warnings were on all the time and then came the tornado watches and then warnings! The sirens for the tornados are super loud and go for as long as we are in a warning so all night long. The rain sounded like someone turned on the shower outside and the lighting Never stopped. We had to put a sheet over Jackson window because it kept waking him up! I though all of this was cool. I'm sure I won't think that when a tornado hits us :) (These were the same storms that went into Alabama and destroyed so much) But they did get me thinking that we need to have more food storage and get 72hr kits for all of us! I have orders 72hr food and working on the kits!
With all of these storms happening everywhere the Mississippi river has rose and is flooding everything. Lucky we are far enough away that its not effecting us but if you go into down town it pretty bad and I heard that Arkansas is really bad. We went and looked at the river and was amazed. The river is usually one mile wide and it is over three miles now!! It has finally reached its peak and starting to go down. It peaked at 48 feet! The pictures I have posted are when it was at 44ft. I wish we would have went and seen it at its highest but it was so so hard to get close to the river, all roads were closed and the police were crazy strict!

All this rain came in less then five min!


This is a picture I took from out tv. The news was showing the funnel cloud and that is our apartment building! Crazy! I ran outside to see if it was still there but it was gone :(


Us at the river!





There was a park there... now under water!

1 comment:

  1. We miss seeing you guys. Your little one is sure a cutie. Hope you are doing well and that Ross is studying hard. We need a friendly eye doc. Take care.

    ReplyDelete