Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentines!

Happy Valentines Day!! Ok really I've never been a big fan of Valentines day. Well when I was little I loved handing out my treats and my mom always made the day so fun but now that I'm old I'm not a huge fan. I think its great that we are showing each other that we love them but shouldn't we be doing that every day not just one day out of the year. Valentines probably causes some good fights too. What!! You didn't get me this, Where are my flowers? lol Ross and I are pretty low key when it comes to Valentines day. He knows flowers aren't expected but always gets me some. He knows if he does get me flowers not to spend a lot on them. Don't get me wrong I love flowers but to spend a lot of money on something that will die a week later isn't want I want our money going to! We use to go out to eat but now that we have Jackson we make a nice dinner at home. Honestly I like this better. Its fun to decorated the table put on some music and eat as a family. I was thinking this year that I want to make Valentine more of a family holiday. Thats what my parents did and I loved it.

This year for Valentines Jackson and I were invited to go to the children's museum with some friends while our husbands were at school. Jackson loved running around and doing all the different things they had. Most the stuff he was to young to do by himself but he enjoyed it anyway!

I wish this picture wasn't so dark, I think my camera strap was over the flash. This was one of Jackson favorite things. Its a tornado simulator. Jackson would run over and try and put his hand in it.


Jackson driving the police car


In the fire truck


Riding on the police bike!


Again its dark.. But this has to be one of my favorite pictures. This is Jackson dancing with all the older black boys. I think it so funny that Jackson is usually one of the only white kids around. The boys loved dancing with Jackson and were trying to teach him some of their dance moves! By the way their dance moves were pretty good for only being 8 :)


Jackson would have staid and fished the entire day but he would splash in the water and was getting all went so we had to leave that area!


Jackson flying the Fedex plane


Ross did come home with flower. I totally wasn't expecting them because he was at school the entire day but I guess him and another guy went at lunch and got some flowers. I sure am a lucky girl. I love my two boys.


Family picture while eating dinner.


I'm sure Jacksons favorite part! Valentines package from Grandpa and Grandma


And from Oma and Opa! He had to have a sucker from both!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day!

    Joshua misses Jackson!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog, and I can not believe you are a mom! I'm so glad to see you are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete