Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Four months already

My sweet, fun, cute, needy and grumpy Mr. Cole is already four months. I swear time is going by so fast. Where did my little baby go? I want to start posting about how my kids are at different ages in their lives so I can come back and read them when I forget. I try and remember stuff I did or how Jackson was at Coles age and I find that I'm already forgetting things!! I know I should be writing in a journal but I'm not :)


Mr Cole,
We are so in love with you and you bring so much joy and fun into this family but you are sure a HARD baby! For four months now we have battled with treating silent reflux/gas/colic/food allergies/thrush. Honestly we don't know what the real problem is! We have been to the doctor many times trying to get help for you. The main problem is you HATE to eat. From birth you would spit up, toss and turn/gut wrenching through out the day. While we were in the hospital we had to keep your bed tilted at all times. When we left they told us to keep you elevated while you slept so it could help you when you spit up. They told me you would grow out it within a couple weeks but four months later you are still a restless sleeper. We have tired to put you laying in your crib but you soon wake up crying.. From what we are still deciding. Back to the main problem is you eating. Its crazy how you are. As soon as we get bottle to your month you will start crying, turning your head, and pushing the bottle away. You don't like to be held while you eat or loud noises while you eat either. When we finally get you distracted or asleep and you are eating you move around like its hurting you or you have a ton of bubbles. Once we take the bottle out of your mouth to burp you 99% of the time you will not start drinking again! To say I haven't gone crazy would be a lie :) I wish I could say that it was better for me when dad got home so he could take you but around 5-6pm you turn into a crying, needy grump and want Nothing to do with anyone but ME... Dad will try and take you and settle you down but you will just scream and scream. I'll come and hold you and within in 30 seconds you will calm down. Its frustrating for both dad and me!


Oh Mr. Cole its a good thing you are so cute! You really are so fun and other then feedings and after 5pm you are a happy baby. You are always smiling and jabbering about something! You will sit there and Jackson watch play and laugh. It's a great thing for both of you. Jackson has someone that will watch him play all the time and thinks he's cool and you are entertained. I can't wait for you to be able to craw/walk and be able to play together. Jackson always has me carry you and play around with him. He will look at me and and say: Mom, Cole come play? He sure loves you.

 Right now:

  • You weigh 16.01 pound and  are 25in long
  •  Are growing out of your clothes faster then I can get you into all of them
  •  You love your brother Jackson and will laugh at him
  • Are starting to Jabber and laugh a lot more
  • Not to sure about your bumbo
  • A needy and momma's boy
  • Love being outside
  • Still sleep in your swing
  • Will play for a little while under your play mat 
  • Hate to eat
  • You love to hear your voice
  • You can almost roll over
  • Tummy time is not your favorite. You usually spit up when you are there too long but when you are there you go in circles pushing with your feet.
  • You are not sleeping through the night. You usually go around 4-5 hours sometimes a little long between feedings
  • You love to eat your hands
  • Thrush is another battle. We have you on medication and I boil your bottles at every washing but somehow it comes back. 
Cole we are so grateful you are in our family! You make our family so much better and remind us how important the little things are


**Quick what we have tried to help you. We have tried, gripe water, Mylicon drops, Zantac max rx 1.3ml, rice cereal in your bottles (4tsp every bottle) and you were on similac sensitive. The doctor has just told us to try soy formula so we will see how that goes. Thrush you are on Fluconazole 40

No comments:

Post a Comment