Monday, September 27, 2010

Armadillo Hunting!!

Okay everyone! Moving to Mississippi has brought so many new things into my life! One being that there are armadillos all around.. well, I see them all the time with their feet up in the air dead on the side of the road so I knew they were here. I know its only been a little over a month that I have lived here but I've wanted to see a living one SOOO bad, call me weird but I did! We were at some friends house (that live in our same complex of apartments) last Friday playing Mario brothers when they told us that they saw a armadillo just outside! I was so excited and told them if they see another one I wanted to come over! Well, Saturday my wish came true haha We were just getting home from the Relief Society broadcast when I got a text telling me there were more! I ran inside grabbed the camera and Ross and off we went! But when I got there they were gone..... So we hunted for them and found one in the parking lot! Ok, they are a little scary and make funny noises but I just wanted a picture of one so I started walking up to it! Who knew that armadillos are freakin fast runners. I tried to run after it taking pictures as I ran but it was just to fast.. BUT I SAW ONE. actually three Ross and I walked along the jungle going home and saw two more but again they heard us and ran! I have now looked up what those dang armadillos like to eat and I'm going to set it out and wait for them to come to me! One day I will get a picture of a living ARMADILLO, until then you only get these lovely pictures :)


This is a" running after the armadillo picture." Yes there is No armadillo in the picture but its just behind the bush running for dear life! One day I'll get one

Our hunt! There was like eight of us out there looking for them haha I'm sure other people saw and were like what the heck is going on. Stupid Utah Optometry kids!

More hunting


1 comment: