Monday, September 20, 2010

Bagels!

So I made bagels last week haha yeah I know what everyone is thinking.. I don't cook! I sure don't but it was really fun and they actually turned out good! Lauren (another wife who's been left at home while her husband goes to school with Ross) came over and we started cooking! First problem.. How much yeast do we need? Did I buy enough? When they say "envelope" is that one package or the all three? It says two packets but we couldn't add or read the labels correctly. I know yeast shouldn't be hard BUT it is! We finally figured it out and then problem number two! When it says warm water how warm do they mean haha yeast is alive? yes we had a rough start but after the yeast was all done we flew through it! Well, until we had to boil the dough.. Who knew bagels were boiled! Let just say we had a couple that didn't turn out so well.. I think to much water got in them or something! Anyway it was really fun and we plan on cooking much more! I'm pretty sure we'll end up on top chief one day! :)

Lauren boiling the bagels!

Putting the cinnamon sugar on them

Finished product! I'm pretty proud of us



So happy we are now chiefs hahahahaha

2 comments:

  1. I expect bagels when you come to Utah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get out the cream cheese (Honey Walnut is my favorite) I'm with Heather!

    ReplyDelete