Saturday, November 2, 2013

The last of Mississippi..


Moving away from Tennessippi was a lot harder then I ever though it would be. I had been counting down to when we would be moving back since before we even left. It wasn't until about eight months before we were to move to Utah that I stopped. I started to really enjoy how green it was, our life style, the storms, our ward, being away from family and having friends become family. I loved how Jackson thought of our friends as aunts and uncles. I somewhat regret counting down because it was a great experience but I don't feel like I lost out because of counting down. We did so many fun things and made life long friends while we were. I learned even more there "to enjoy the journey" 
Saying all that the last few weeks were busy and kind of emotional for me. My mom came in three weeks before and helped me pack up. We definitely had out fights, I wanted to do what I wanted and she wanted pack so when my dad and brother in law came we could play haha but everything worked out. 
While my mom was just there we went and took Cole on his first trolley ride around Memphis.


On our way to swim at lake Arkabutla we drove past a turtle walking in the road. As we were driving by it I pointed out the turtle to my mom. She had never seen that before and made me turn the car around so she could get out and look at it walking.


Jackson checking out the turtle

Swimming at the lake. This was our first time swimming there and I wish we would have gone more. The water was kind of muddy but it was really fun.


The water was shallow enough that Jackson could walk pretty far out and feel like a cool big kid


The morning after my dad and bro in law flew in we went to Waffle House. I have wanted to go there since we have moved to MS. Ross is not a breakfast person so we never went but with more people there that enjoys breakfast like me it was a perfect time to go. I was expecting a ghetto place but I was wrong and it was pretty good. I would have gone back if we lived there longer.

Uncle Jason and Jackson walking on the river bank. Jason was Jackson best friend while he was there.

Jackson getting a free ride on Opa on our way to the river walk on mud island.

Cole enjoying his ride on dad

Uncle Jason, Opa, Jackson and Oma at the river walk

Jackson showing Opa how to play in the replica river water

And showing Uncle Jason how cool kids walk down the river

Standing on Memphis

Opa at the civil rights museum 

It was FHE and Jackson was super into scavenger hunts and had a melt down that we weren't doing one so on our way into town my mom drew clues that led us to everything we wanted to see. Jackson got his scavenger hunt and we were able to see what we wanted without a fuss.

We also took everyone to a Redbirds game. Cole and dad watching the game.

I'm sure Uncle Jason wanted to watch the game but Jackson had other plans for him!

All the boys sitting on the front row watching the game

I had to get a good picture of a magnolia flower. They are huge and I loved them

We also visited the zoo... That zoo was good to us and going to the zoo here it really was a fun nice zoo.


Uncle Jason came through again for Jackson and paid for them to feed the giraffes. I don't know who enjoyed it more. Jason or Jackson 

Cole and Opa getting in on the actoin

Jackson feeding the giraffe 


Cole taking a rest on Opa

The polar bears 

And I needed a picture of my favorite road in Mississippi. I loved the trees there.

1 comment:

  1. It is so true! I loved our time down there-- and as a students! I know as students you can't wait to get into the real life but it is sometimes just as stressful. Our friends we made there will definitely always be our good friends. That is fun they finally have swimming back at lake arkabutla.

    ReplyDelete