Friday, April 22, 2011

Start of the ToRnAdOs

In the last couple of weeks we have had several tornado and storm warnings/watches! Everyone keeps telling that I need to be worried but I love storms and none of them have been big enough to really scary me. The thing I get the most mad about is them taking over "The Price is Right" to talk about a storm that is coming towards us. I wait all day but nothing fun happens. I think its the Mississippi river that pushes most of the storm toward memphis and we don't get it as hard in Horn Lake. Memphis is only 15-20 min away so its pretty close but I wan't some good "bad" weather to come my way! Its been crazy to see how fast the storms have came and gone. It'll start poring and lighting and in a matter of minutes its gone! A three hour hipe and missing my morning shows for a couple drops of water!! Heck... but they (Channel 3 news) say the storm season should be over by the end of May.. We'll see!! I'll post more if something good happens... or maybe I wont because I chose to watch and take pictures of the storm instead of hiding in my bathroom haha

Some of the warning signs that come over the TV.





This one is my favorite haha






All this water came in five min! I was awesome



1 comment:

  1. That's scary and awesome! When we had our tornado, Omi and I stood on the deck and watched the whole thing - after we tried to save my grill! The wind kept lifting it up and dropping it, but Omi and I were to stupid to go into the house! We finally disconnected the grill from the gas line, and happily watched the storm - from a distance.

    ReplyDelete