Thursday, December 8, 2011

Oh how I love St. Nicholas

Most of you are wondering what I am talking about! Its a German tradition! Every December 5th you set out your shoe and St. Nick comes during the night and either leaves you a little gift or coal in your shoe. If you get coal its a warning that you need to shape up before Santa come so you can get a gift from him! Well thats how I understand it lol somethings may be a little off but you get the gist.

I have always love this tradition! Growing up it was like a little Christmas early. Not because we got a lot of gifts or really nice ones at that but the feeling you get of being a little kid and believing that St. Nick (we called him the elf) and santa was really going to come and leave you something over the night. I remember Tyler and I looking for the biggest shoe we had to set out haha Of course the bigger shoe you have the more gifts you get right?? :) I remember having a hard time sleeping that night just like on Christmas Eve. It was so exciting to leave my shoe out and see what I got and even seen that my dad had gotten coal in his shoe! I can't wait tell Jackson and my other kids understand whats going on and can be excited just like was.. ok I still get excited every year!

I'm grateful that my Omi and Opa kept this tradition going and didn't stop once they were America! I'm sure they had a lot of weird faces as they tried to explain what was going on!

Our shoes the next morning


Jackson seeing what the Elf brought him


Jackson excited for his new santa pajamas


Showing them off!


Opening his new jacket


I know Jackson got a lot this year and it wont be like this every year but he needed his new jacket now so the Elf needed to bring it :)

1 comment:

  1. Poor Ross just got socks. The elf must not like him. Practical stuff, really? jk...that's all Santa is bringing Tyrel...though he asked for it that way

    ReplyDelete