Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Civil Right's Museum and Peabody Ducks

To be honest the ducks are cool to see one maybe two times.. this was my fifth time going and I really wasn't looking forward to seeing them again them with my mom :) I sit there fighting with Jackson for fifteen minuets to sit still to see the duck run past for a split second. For real the whole things take ten seconds.. Anyway I'd never been to the Civil Right's Museum and knew it was close by the ducks so I decided to combine the two in one trip.. My plan was to have us stop by the museum and then go to the lovely ducks. Well we get in the car to go and put the address into the GPS and it says there is no route found.. "WHAT.. I know its there and you can drive to it." So I look it up under its name. The GPS finds the name but again says no route. So I figure that I've seen signs on the freeway saying where to get off to go to the museum so I planned to go there and figured that there would be more signs to lead us right to it haha We got so lost! We went so far the wrong ways and in so may circles it was ridicules. It didn't help that my mom thought it was a good idea to call and talk to my dad right as we were getting into the city. By luck we did end up finding it but only had a couple minutes to see it before we had to leave to see the ducks. One day I will actually go in the museum! But at least I can say I have seen it and been where Martin Luther King was shot. The ducks didn't disappoint either, they ran their feathery little bums down the red carpet and into the fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment